Reference code: CON-GER-STU-MA
(NEW) Master Thesis: Exploring AI implementation in software-defined vehicles
Aachen, Cologne, Munich
FEV Consulting GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
As the Automotive industry is undergoing a transformation towards software-defined vehicles, artificial intelligence (AI) can be a key building block to make vehicle operation more intelligent in different domains. This thesis shall identify potentials and benefits of AI implementation in an automotive context, with a focus on vehicle operation, autonomous driving, connectivity and user interface.
This research will delve into the potentially crucial role of AI in software-defined vehicles, exploring potential use cases across domains such as autonomous driving, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), natural language processing (NLP) for human-vehicle interaction, predictive maintenance, and more. The aim is to investigate and evaluate the potential of AI with regards to different criteria such as vehicle safety, performance, and user satisfaction.
Potential research question: "How can AI be strategically and effectively implemented within (software-defined) vehicles to exploit its potential and improve the vehicle functionality (e.g., regarding safety, performance, and user experience) and what are the implications for the automotive industry in terms of innovation and competitiveness?"
- You are completing your master's degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, business administration, economics or a comparable course of study at a leading university
- You have exceptional academic performance and impress us with your personal profile
- You ideally gained inital practical experience in consulting or a technical industry
- You have very good analytical skills
- You are a motivated and committed team player
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office applications
- You communicate very well in English, and you are ideally fluent in the local office language - both verbally and in writing
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.