(NEW) Master Thesis: V2X in cities - Evaluation of a C-V2X introduction in cities utilizing indirect communication
Aachen, Cologne, Munich
FEV Consulting GmbH
WHAT WE DO - AND WHY
FEV Consulting is the FEV Group's technology-driven top management consultancy. We act as a guide between strategy development and product realization in today's global environment. We do not simply work for companies, but for our customers - people who want to move society forward. That's why we develop and optimize technical product concepts with our focus on customer benefit, feasibility, sustainability and profitability.
Work together with us on challenging projects from different areas of the mobility, transportation and energy sectors.
Sample topics include: sustainable vehicle and mobility concepts, business transformations to maintain future viability, coupling the energy and transportation sectors, digital services, and business development for innovation.
To improve traffic safety, traffic flow and increase convenience for drivers, various cities and road authorities worldwide have deployed vehicle-to-infrastructure projects, often using a direct peer-to-peer communication approach.
In parallel, passenger cars and commercial vehicles have become more and more connected over the last decade, offering various internet-connected infotainment functions utilizing mobile networks.
Cities and authorities today face the question whether to invest in proven direct communication or whether to strive for mobile-network based technology.
The objective of this thesis is to assess if and how cities can enable relevant V2X use-cases through indirect communication utilizing cellular networks (i.e. 4G, 5G, 6G).
- Brief comparison of direct and indirect communication technologies
- International benchmark of similar projects / implementations
- Review of technology roadmap
- Literature review of regulatory landscape
- Analysis of V2X use case catalogue regarding relevancy for cities and indirect communication feasibility for different cellular network generations
- Identification of requirements for implementation of selected use-cases utilizing indirect communication
- Cost-benefit analysis of V2X implementation example for a city (to be selected)
- You are completing your master's degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, business administration, economics or a comparable course of study at a leading university
- You have exceptional academic performance and impress us with your personal profile
- You ideally gained initial practical experience in consulting or a technical industry
- You have very good analytical skills
- You are a motivated and committed team player
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office applications
- You communicate very well in English, and you are ideally fluent in the local office language - both verbally and in writing
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Be part of a great team
We owe our success to our international and diverse team. Become a valuable member and foster strong cohesion!
Expand your network
Join our Stammtisch company dinners - even as an alumnus or alumna! In addition, we inform our students about current customer projects and other internal company activities at our regular "Student Call".
Get the best out of yourself
Feedback is a reality at our company. Your personal mentor is at your side to promote your strengths! Continuously expand your horizons with our internal training opportunities. Our team of consultants will be happy to share their expertise and experience with you.
Diverse career prospects
With us, anything is possible: gain practical experience in consulting alongside the theory in your studies. Do your internship with us. Write your thesis on an exciting project. Or go abroad with us! Plan your start at FEV Consulting, like many talented people before you.