Reference code: CON-GER-STU-MA
(NEW) Master Thesis: V2X in cities - Evaluation of a C-V2X introduction in cities utilizing indirect communication
Aachen, Cologne, Munich
FEV Consulting GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
To improve traffic safety, traffic flow and increase convenience for drivers, various cities and road authorities worldwide have deployed vehicle-to-infrastructure projects, often using a direct peer-to-peer communication approach.
In parallel, passenger cars and commercial vehicles have become more and more connected over the last decade, offering various internet-connected infotainment functions utilizing mobile networks.
Cities and authorities today face the question whether to invest in proven direct communication or whether to strive for mobile-network based technology.
The objective of this thesis is to assess if and how cities can enable relevant V2X use-cases through indirect communication utilizing cellular networks (i.e. 4G, 5G, 6G).
- Brief comparison of direct and indirect communication technologies
- International benchmark of similar projects / implementations
- Review of technology roadmap
- Literature review of regulatory landscape
- Analysis of V2X use case catalogue regarding relevancy for cities and indirect communication feasibility for different cellular network generations
- Identification of requirements for implementation of selected use-cases utilizing indirect communication
- Cost-benefit analysis of V2X implementation example for a city (to be selected)
- You are completing your master's degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, business administration, economics or a comparable course of study at a leading university
- You have exceptional academic performance and impress us with your personal profile
- You ideally gained initial practical experience in consulting or a technical industry
- You have very good analytical skills
- You are a motivated and committed team player
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office applications
- You communicate very well in English, and you are ideally fluent in the local office language - both verbally and in writing
What we offer
From the very beginning, you will have a mentor and the freedom to grow personally and professionally, because we live an appreciative and contemporary corporate culture. In addition to time-outs during our table tennis or kicker tournaments, there are also regular team and company events. Friday beer or BBQ Lunches on the roof terrace also speak for our close team network.
Diverse career prospects:
Your career path is clearly defined and tailored to you. An open feedback culture and various internal and external training opportunities allow you to discover and perfect your strengths. Regular feedback meetings and project evaluations give you the opportunity to reflect on your work and development.
Satisfied employees perform outstanding work. That's why we give you the freedom to contribute to the company in a flexible and self-organized way. The high project diversity including on and off-site presence as well as compensatory days or remote work ensure the necessary framework to combine professional and private life.
30 days of vacation, capital-forming benefits, employee discounts, or sabbaticals are also available to our colleagues.