Reference code: CON-GER-STU-MA
(NEW) Master Thesis: Ecological and economical assessment of LFP battery recycling technologies
Aachen, Cologne, Munich
FEV Consulting GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
With the development and growth of the electric vehicle market, the recycling of spent lithium-ion batteries is becoming an important research topic. A combination of mechanical, pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical processes are used to recover valuable materials from EoL batteries or battery cells generated as scrap during production. The recycled materials can then be reused in battery production.
The recycling technologies thus form the cornerstone of the circular economy.
Meanwhile, LFP cells are gaining traction due to their lower cost and high safety.
The objective of this thesis is to evaluate different LFP battery recycling technologies in terms of environmental and economic perspectives in order to analyze and evaluate potential business opportunities for LFP battery recycling
- Literature research on existing LFP recycling methods and comparison of these with NMC recycling processes
- Creation of a cost model for LFP battery recycling
- Analysis of market demand for LFP recycling in Europe
- Evaluation of economic feasibility based on material value
- Definition of an LFP recycling ecosystem in the automotive environment
- You are completing your master's degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, business administration, economics or a comparable course of study at a leading university
- You have exceptional academic performance and impress us with your personal profile
- You ideally gained initial practical experience in consulting or a technical industry
- You have very good analytical skills
- You are a motivated and committed team player
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office applications
- You communicate very well in English, and you are ideally fluent in the local office language - both verbally and in writing
What we offer
From the very beginning, you will have a mentor and the freedom to grow personally and professionally, because we live an appreciative and contemporary corporate culture. In addition to time-outs during our table tennis or kicker tournaments, there are also regular team and company events. Friday beer or BBQ Lunches on the roof terrace also speak for our close team network.
Diverse career prospects:
Your career path is clearly defined and tailored to you. An open feedback culture and various internal and external training opportunities allow you to discover and perfect your strengths. Regular feedback meetings and project evaluations give you the opportunity to reflect on your work and development.
Satisfied employees perform outstanding work. That's why we give you the freedom to contribute to the company in a flexible and self-organized way. The high project diversity including on and off-site presence as well as compensatory days or remote work ensure the necessary framework to combine professional and private life.
30 days of vacation, capital-forming benefits, employee discounts, or sabbaticals are also available to our colleagues.