Reference code: CAX/FEA/02/2023
Junior Simulation Engineer – FEA
Liszki (near Krakow), Poznań
What we do - and why!
FEV Polska Sp. z o.o. as a part of the FEV Group - an international research and development company - provides complete solutions in the field of drive systems, supporting leading vehicle manufacturers and other means of transport. We specialize in the comprehensive development of diesel, hybrid and electric drives. We develop software that controls the operation of the drive (engine, gearbox, batteries) and supports the driver (ADAS systems). We provide braking systems and software for testing drive systems. We actively participate in shaping the future of the automotive industry.
The position combines autonomous work with a teamwork under the supervision of a senior engineer or project leader.
- Support in development of structural models and FEA (Finite Element Method) simulations using Abaqus, HyperMesh / ANSA or similar FEA packages
- Provide upfront analysis support of key components during concept and all development phases of reciprocating combustion engines or electric powertrains.
- Provide simulation, optimization and design recommendations of main engine / powertrain components, to the Product Design team based on FEA results.
- Participation in development of future powertrains in close cooperation with our customers – leading car brands and powertrain producers.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to draw correct conclusions based on simulation results
- Knowledge of at least one of the following pre/post-processors: ANSA, HyperMesh, META, FEMFAT
- Knowledge of at least one of the following simulation software: Adams, SIMPACK, Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys
- Availability and willingness for occasional business travel
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to work autonomously with high personal responsiveness to dynamic project requirements
- Ability of quick study & capability of self-learning
- Good work organizing skills
- Knowledge of MS-Office software
What we offer
- Working with newest automotive technologies and methods
- Participating in interesting projects
- Friendly and international working environment
- Benefit package (Multisport card, vacation allowance, private medical care)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Modern office with a workshop located near the Kryspinów
- Free parking for cars, motorbikes, bicycles (shower in the office)