Reference code: TSR
E-motor/BMS Function Development Engineer
Remote, Remote - Romania, Timișoara
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
• Develop automotive electric powertrain related functions (electric motor control) at application level.
• Develop and implement signal processing, close loop control, diagnosis and monitoring functions for motor control
• System architecture, strategy development and requirements definition for component control functions
• Unit and component level modeling and testing with OEM specific toolchain based on Matlab / Simulink.
• Implementation and test case creation according to requirements.
• Producing technical documentation, requirements and reports.
• Validate implemented functionalities on XiL (MiL, SiL, HiL)
• Technical discussions with customer and other FEV sites.
• Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Robotics or Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
• At least two years’ experience in Model Based Design of Embedded Software.
• Good knowledge of mathematical models for electric motors
• Good understanding of electric machines operation, particularly permanent magnet motors.
• Good knowledge of advanced closed loop motor control strategies (such as field-oriented control, direct torque and flux control)
• Good understanding of PWM modulation techniques (such as space vector modulation)
• Experience with operating laboratory electronic equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, signal generation and data acquisition devices.
• Proficient in Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow / M-Scripting and MS Office.
• Understanding of main DC-DC and DC-AC (3 phase inverters) power converters structure and operation
• Understanding of the main powertrain electric and hybrid topologies and their main components.
• Knowledge in measurement and calibration tools (Vector or Etas) is considered a plus.
• Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems and Multi-processor Systems is desired.
• Good knowledge of Electronics, Computer Architecture and Serial Communication (CAN / LIN / Ethernet / FlexRay)
• Good knowledge of Linear Control Theory, Control Strategies, State Identification Methods and Mathematical Modeling.
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.