Reference code: CAE/SE/102022
Simulation Engineer – FEA
Liszki (near Krakow), Poznań
What we do - and why!
FEV Polska Sp. z o.o. as a part of the FEV Group - an international research and development company - provides complete solutions in the field of drive systems, supporting leading vehicle manufacturers and other means of transport. We specialize in the comprehensive development of diesel, hybrid and electric drives. We develop software that controls the operation of the drive (engine, gearbox, batteries) and supports the driver (ADAS systems). We provide braking systems and software for testing drive systems. We actively participate in shaping the future of the automotive industry.
- Develop structural models and perform advanced FEA (Finite Element Method) computer simulations using Abaqus, HyperMesh / ANSA or similar FEA packages.
- Provide upfront analysis support of key components during concept and all development phases of reciprocating combustion engines and complete powertrains.
- Provide simulation, optimization and design recommendations of critical engine / powertrain components, to the Product Design team based on FEA results.
- Develop future powertrains in close cooperation with our customers – leading car brands and powertrain producers.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or similar field
- Experience in FEA engineering simulation methods
- Well-established knowledge of mechanics and thermodynamics
- Familiarity with vehicle powertrain systems would be an advantage
- Ability to think analytically and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of at least one computational (Abaqus, Nastran, Ansys) and preprocessing (HyperMesh, Ansa) software would be an advantage
- Good English language skills and ability to communicate with cross-functional team members
What we offer
- Working with newest automotive technologies and methods
- Participating in interesting projects
- Friendly and international working environment
- Benefit package (Multisport card, vacation allowance, private medical care)
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Modern office with a workshop located near the Kryspinów
- Free parking for cars, motorbikes, bicycles (shower in the office)