Reference No: FEV_UK_15
Automotive Calibration Engineer
FEV UK Ltd.
WHAT WE DO – AND WHY!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, FEV develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so.
FEV UK is the subsidiary of FEV Group for the British market covering the UK customers and together with our global teams we deliver projects. From our modern UK test and engineering centre in Coventry we work on exciting e-powertrain projects contributing to significant reduction in CO2 in transportation and mobility.
- Important role in the calibration and development of a customer powertrain to meet system targets
- Analysis, interpretate and investigate issues identified on the powertrain
- Be the communication between the different teams and functions
- Understand OBD related strategies and demonstrate how/if they function correctly
- Execute, analyse and validate OBD tests results
- Validation of customer requirement using specific test and methods
- Establish the action plan and motivate the involved teams to meet the project targets
- Produce documentation for OBD legal purposes
- Test driving for OBD data acquisition
- OBD calibration development and validation of several engine components
- Develop tools for calibration activities
- Participation in test trips/validation loops
- Engineering degree and at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Familiar with Powertrain Control Module Software
- Hands on experience with tools such as INCA, CANalyzer, CANope, Creta, Uniplot
- Prior process knowledge regarding IEC 61508, ISO 26262, EN 50126 or similar safety related standards
- Ability to plan and manage your time, prioritise several tasks in a timely way with the ability to communicate and work with others
- Vehicle level test experience
- Written and fluent in English is mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
- Shape the mobility of tomorrow, being involved in projects that will develop carbon reduction in the automotive industry
- Attractive salary package, depending on experience and specialist knowledge
- Additional benefits are up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension contribution, access to a bike scheme, vehicle scheme and training opportunities as part of FEV UK