Reference No: FEV_UK_10
Test Technician (Automotive)
Professionals, Young Professional
FEV UK Ltd.
WHAT WE DO – AND WHY!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, FEV develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so.
FEV UK is the subsidiary of FEV Group for the British market covering the UK customers and together with our global teams we deliver projects. From our modern UK test and engineering centre in Coventry we work on exciting e-powertrain projects contributing to significant reduction in CO2 in transportation and mobility.
- Responsible for the installation, commissioning and day to day operation of our engine Test Cells
- Programming and monitoring of drive cycles
- Maintenance of engine and Test Cell
- Experience in test bed operation and test bed control systems
- Knowledge and experience of internal combustion engines operating principles (Gasoline, Diesel and Hydrogen), powertrain mechanical, electrical, electronic background
- Hands-on experience of engines including; engine and component strip, repair and assembly
- Experience of fuel injection, ignition and emission component operation, engine diagnostic scan tools for fault finding and repair
- Ability to operate diagnostic tools, for engine and/or transmissions
- NVQ Level 3 in vehicle engineering or a completed apprenticeship in a mechanical or electrical orientated discipline. HNC or Equivalent in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience in customer interaction, clear reporting and efficient communication in emails
- Ability to plan and manage your time, prioritise several tasks in a timely way with the ability to communicate and work with others
WHAT WE OFFER
- Shape the mobility of tomorrow, being involved in projects that will develop carbon reduction in the automotive industry
- Attractive salary package, depending on experience and specialist knowledge
- Additional benefits are up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension contribution, access to a bike scheme, vehicle scheme and training opportunities as part of FEV UK