Reference No: FEV_UK_5
Functional Safety Engineer
Professionals, Young Professional
FEV UK Ltd.
WHAT WE DO – AND WHY!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, FEV develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so.
FEV UK is the subsidiary of FEV Group for the British market covering the UK customers and together with our global teams we deliver projects. From our modern UK test and engineering centre in Coventry we work on exciting e-powertrain projects contributing to significant reduction in CO2 in transportation and mobility.
- Development and application of the current and future requirements for Functional Safety (ISO 26262) for ePowertrain systems, e-machines, power electronics, battery and fuel cell systems and their controls
- Ensure compliance with the relevant safety standards
- Create/review & maintain Item definition, Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Develop/review Functional Safety concept & Technical safety concept
- Analyse and define Safety requirements (Functional Safety requirements and Technical safety requirements)
- Conduct Safety analyses (FTA, FMEA, HAZOP)
- Leading technical discussions with suppliers & customers on Functional Safety.
- Performing or supporting Tool evaluation & qualification
- Creating the test cases for verification and validation of safety requirements.
- Support functional safety audits and assessments
- Support Functional Safety manager in development of safety plan and safety case.
- Degree qualified, ideally from an engineering or science related background
- Gained relevant experience with application of ISO26262 standards, profound knowledge of the ISO26262 standard & entire safety lifecycle
- Experience with working on ASIL C & ASIL D applications
- Hands on experience with FTA, HARA and Safety Concepts
- Strong systems thinker & knowledge of powertrain systems, propulsion systems, hybrid & electric vehicles
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting and assessing complex vehicle systems and architectures regarding safety is required
- Vehicle level experience is a plus
- Ability to plan and manage your time, prioritise several tasks in a timely way with the ability to communicate and work with others
- Written and fluent in English is mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
- Shape the mobility of tomorrow, being involved in projects that will develop carbon reduction in the automotive industry
- Attractive salary package, depending on experience and specialist knowledge
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Training opportunities as part of FEV UK
- Death in Service is 4 times Annual Salary
- Cycle to work bike purchasing scheme
- Salary sacrifice lease car scheme
- Free Eye Tests
- Free Vaccinations (such as flu vaccination)
- Mobile Phone Contributions (where applicable)
- Option to Buy and Sell Annual leave
- Social events
- Free workplace car parking (where applicable)
- Hybrid working, family friendly policies