Reference No: FEV_UK_2
HiL Validation Engineer
Professionals, Young Professional
2/12/2024 - 6/30/2024
FEV UK Ltd.
WHAT WE DO – AND WHY!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, FEV develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so.
FEV UK is the subsidiary of FEV Group for the British market covering the UK customers and together with our global teams we deliver projects. From our modern UK test and engineering centre in Coventry we work on exciting e-powertrain projects contributing to significant reduction in CO2 in transportation and mobility.
- Develop and test traditional and ePowertrains from design through to series production
- Developing the test cases, performing the validations, analysing the logs, solution discussion with suppliers, monitor the timing, DVP&R, working with system and testing team and link the customer and FEV engineering teams.
- Responsible for writing the test specifications, test scripts for requirements
- Test execution on the HiL and analysing & providing the logs, discussion of the issues with team and managing the defect lifecycle
- Working closely with cross-functional engineering teams within an agile project environment and ensure successful project delivery
- Organise parts, tools, rigs, DUTs and people to generate a test plan to support the program timing
- Monitoring and review test and validation timing, DUTs and ensure it will meet the overall project time scales
- Degree qualified, ideally from a, engineering or science related background
- Relevant project experience, ideally in an automotive or engineering industry and working in an agile project environment
- Knowledge in validation of powertrain systems, propulsion systems or E/E components, preferably experience in validation of transmission system.
- Understanding in testing technologies, such as HiL, SiL, PiL and testing methodology
- Experience in setting up the HIL systems using the ETAS HW or SW toolchains
- Hands on experience with tools like INCA, CANalyzer, CANope, dSPACE HIL & automation desk
- Experience in manual & automation testing for embedded controls products.
- Experience of working within a Product Development Process or with an OEM development process
- Ability to plan and manage your time, prioritise several tasks in a timely way with the ability to communicate and work with others
- Ideally have a driving license and ability to travel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Shape the mobility of tomorrow, being involved in projects that will develop carbon reduction in the automotive industry
- Attractive salary package, depending on experience and specialist knowledge
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Training opportunities as part of FEV UK
- Death in Service is 4 times Annual Salary
- Cycle to work bike purchasing scheme
- Salary sacrifice lease car scheme
- Free Eye Tests
- Free Vaccinations (such as flu vaccination)
- Mobile Phone Contributions (where applicable)
- Option to Buy and Sell Annual leave
- Social events
- Free workplace car parking (where applicable)
- Hybrid working, family friendly policies