Reference code: 500_22_BM_12
Master Thesis Control Software
6/7/2023 - 12/7/2023
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
- We offer a master thesis for talented students in interesting research and development projects with international industrial customers for the mobility of tomorrow.
- The thesis is in the topic area of software development for control units. This includes for example:
- Scientific development in the special field of control functions, predictive energy management and virtual calibration (MiL, SiL, HiL)
- Participating in the development and operation of innovative prototype vehicles and powertrains with exciting technologies (e.g.: hydrogen combustion, fuel cells, hybrid vehicles, etc.)
- Applying machine learning and artificial intelligence to control or calibrate powertrains.
- Investigating development processes, tool-chains and working environments
- We will explain the exact topic and content of the thesis in a personal interview
- You are currently pursuing technical studies in the field of automotive engineering, energy engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics or a comparable field
- You are willing to develop in the field of controls development, calibration, simulation and machine learning
- You have experience regarding MS Office products, Matlab/Simulink and coding
- Your German (C1) and English (B2) language skills are very good
- You have strong analytical skills, motivation and a team-oriented approach
- Ideally, you have a German driving license (Class B)
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.