Reference code: 50023630_FEV_Niederlande
(Senior) Project Engineer (m/f/d) Battery Management System (BMS)
6/1/2022 - 12/1/2022
FEV Netherlands B.V.
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
- As a BMS Feature Owner (m/f/d), you take responsibility for individual functions in the FEV battery management system (BMS) for high-voltage and low-voltage batteries
- Your focus will be on improving and extending existing algorithms and cell models, e.g. for state of health (SOC, SOH) or battery performance prediction (SOP) according to customer requirements
- The further development and implementation of the FEV BMS functions will be carried out as far as possible in MATLAB/Simulink
- Depending on the scope of the project, your possible fields of activity in the area of SW development range from requirements management, description of the software architecture, modeling to software testing (XiL)
- You coordinate the interface specification to other ECUs, especially VCU, DCDC and OBC
- You occasionally take over a technical subproject management
- Depending on your experience, you may also be responsible for commissioning and calibrating BMS functions, e.g. with INCA or CANape, as well as providing integration support on test benches and vehicles
- You confidently present the project results and discuss them with the customer
- You will undertake occasional business trips
- You have successfully completed a degree in the field of electrical engineering, mechatronics, automotive engineering or similar
- You already have three or more years of practical experience in the field of functional software development with a focus on BMS
- You consider your knowledge of operational requirements for high- and low-voltage batteries in automotive applications to be very good
- You have experience in the implementation of common algorithms for the determination of the battery status (SOC, SOH) and/or the power output prediction (SOP)
- Ideally, you have knowledge of cell chemistry and the aging behavior of lithium-ion cells.
- You are fluent in written and spoken German and English
- You are comfortable working with MS Office and MS Teams
- You are willing to travel on business from time to time
- Your strengths include the ability to work in a team and independently in combination with good communication skills
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.