Reference code: 21_BE_14
Master Student (m/f/d) Development of a flowfield for PEM fuel cells
1/6/2022 - 7/6/2022
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
- You adapt a numerical flow model for the development of a flow field of the bipolar plates of a PEM fuel cell
- You implement the necessary models, especially for the representation of the electrochemistry and the liquid water transport
- You investigate and optimize the channel geometry, channel routing and media ports considering the design boundary conditions
- You evaluate different flow fields including the cell stack design
- You prepare a written thesis
- You are an enrolled student in the field of engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, or equivalent
- You have experience in performing CFD simulations, ideally with StarCCM+
- Knowledge in PEM fuel cells is advantageous
- You have very good MS-Office skills
- You have good written and spoken German and English skills
- Your way of working is structured and independent
- You have good oral and written communication skills
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.