Reference code: Automotive Embedded Software Engineer (m/f) - TR_2018_02
Automotive Embedded Software Engineer (m/f)
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 5,500 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
- Develop embedded software for vehicle control projects
- Definition of application software - basic software interface and development of Link Layer Software
- Software project management with component development
- Collaborate with multi discipline and multi-cultural project team domestic and abroad
- Support team members in lab and/or vehicle
- Interface with customer and resolve software related issues
- Support quality checks like milestone reviews and quality assessments
- Travel to customer meetings and/or project team for short term or long term activities
- Reports status to line management
- A degree in electrical, electronics, mechatronics, control and computer engineering from a reputable university
- Masters or PhD degree preferred
- Strong fundamentals with C programming in 8, 16, and 32-bit embedded environments
- Good knowledge of hardware, software embedded system concepts and architecture
- Preferred experience with low level firmware (hardware/software interface), diagnostic and CAN/LIN communications
- Preferred experience with low level software development for NXP or Freescale Microcontrollers
- Experience with Autosar based software development
- Good understanding of the embedded software build process (compiling, linking, programming, etc.)
- Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work within diverse teams
- Experienced in systems engineering approaches to solving problems
- Very good English skills as well as MS-Office experience
- Flexible for short trips abroad
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.