Reference code: 50021711
Functional Safety Software Expert (m/f/d)
Aachen, Munich, Stuttgart
10/19/2021 - 4/19/2022
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
- Technical lead of safety-critical software development for automotive control units
- Define and design automotive software architecture for safety-critical software in collaboration with systems-, hardware- and software engineers
- Development of requirements for safety-critical embedded software systems
- Review of requirements and software architecture for safety-critical software
- Definition of verification and validation activities for safety-critical software
- Guidance of the software team to follow safety related processes
- Proactive handling of support activities in the context of safety-critical software development, like e.g. tool classification and qualification
- Communication with the safety manager
- Communication with suppliers
- Collaborate with other software architects to manage complex embedded systems
- Definition and improvement of development processes for safety-critical software
- You have finished your studies of computer science or electrical engineering or any other comparable academic studies
- You have several years of industrial experience in embedded software development
- You have expert knowledge regarding safety standards for E/E systems, ideally ISO 26262
- You have a strong expertise in C/C++ programming including low level programming of microcontrollers
- You have a good understanding of AUTOSAR platform and good knowhow in EGAS 3-layer concept
- You have experience in conducting software safety analysis (Software FMEA/FDA, Dependent Failure Analysis)
- You have expert knowledge regarding SW development processes required to comply with safety standards, like e.g., ISO 26262
- You have extensive experience with the development of software for safety-critical real time embedded systems
- You have ideally experience developing safety-critical system in conjunction with cybersecurity standard like ISO/SAE 21434:2021
- Your written and spoken English is excellent, knowledge of German is beneficial
- You have a high degree of flexibility and innovation capability even in challanging project situations
- You have high sense of responsibility, very good analytical skills, and strong communication skills
- Team work in international and global teams is one of your strong points as is also autonomous and responsible operation
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.