Reference code: 50021418
Lead Engineer (m/f/x) Fuel Cell System
9/24/2021 - 3/24/2022
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
As a lead engineer fuel cell system (m/f/x), you will play a major role in system development in demonstration and series projects. You will be involved in the projects from the initial concept to the build-up and testing of the fuel cell systems. In this role, you will independently improve our development processes to solve complex system engineering problems. The lead systems engineer is the central technical link to the other development teams (controls, design, E/E) and ensures the technical exchange of information.
The following tasks await you:
- Requirements management for fuel cell systems from the cell level to the entire system
- Derive and create specifications for stacks and auxiliaries (balance of plant)
- Develop and implement concepts for fuel cell system functionality based on customer requirements, system modeling and benchmarks
- Design system process flow diagrams (P&IDs), interface control diagrams, lead hazard, safety, and reliability analyses
- Develop concepts for the operational management of PEM fuel cell stacks
- Perform and guide 0D and 1D fuel cell system simulations and maintain interface with powertrain simulations
- Lead the development of Design Validation Plans (DVP) and associated methodologies (DVM) and guide engineers in the execution and documentation of required tests
- Coordinate the implementation of test tasks in the test field and at external test facilities
- Technical documentation of concepts, simulation, and test results
- Responsibility for (sub-)project coordination and ensuring cost, quality, and schedule compliance
- Completed engineering studies in the field of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronics or a comparable discipline
- Several years of experience in the automotive sector and very good understanding of fuel cell technology
- Interdisciplinary experience in control, electrical, software and project management.
- In-depth knowledge of fuel cell system simulations in GT Power and Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of OEM and supplier development processes and experience with requirements management software (e.g. Doors, Polarion, InStep).
- Very good ability to communicate and present results
- Structured, precise and reliable way of working
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as preferably German
- Team orientation as well as independent and autonomous way of working
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.