Reference code: 21_BE_10
Intern Power electronics and electrical drives
9/14/2021 - 3/14/2022
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
- Design of drive inverters and DC-DC converters with one or more of the following tasks (depending on project, interest and skills):
- Topology evaluation and selection
- Power electronic, gate driver and measurement circuitry design
- System level simulation of power converters and electrical drives (PLECS)
- Electrical and thermal simulation of power modules (LTspice/FEM)
- Design and simulation of e-motors and magnetic components (FEM)
- Layout development for electronic circuits (Altium Designer)
- 3-D integration of power electronic systems (thermal/mechanical)
- Control design and implementation (MATLAB Simulink, C/C++)
- Hardware build-up, commissioning and testing
- Design Optimization (MATLAB)
- Students in electrical, mechanical and control engineering
- Basic knowledge in electrical engineering and electronics
- Deeper knowledge or experience in one of the following areas:
- Power electronic topologies
- Electrical machines
- Electronic circuit and layout design
- Simulation of electric circuitries
- Control design
- Programming microcontrollers or FPGAs
- Finite-element simulation (electromagnetic/thermal/mechanical)
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Testing and debugging of electronic circuitries
- Interested in power electronics and electrical drives
- Enjoy working in a project team
- Good english (C1) and german (B2) skills
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.