Reference code: 50021119
Data Engineer (all genders) Automotive
8/6/2021 - 2/6/2022
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
Within the departement of Connected Systems & Functions, we focus on vehicle connectivity among other things with increasingly complex backend systems. We connect vehicles, businesses and people. Customer understanding and requirements engineering is our success factor.
Our tasks consist of generating benefit and value from large amounts of data by recording and transferring the data in a structured manner, standardizing and preprocessing it, so that it can then be stored and managed centrally in a suitable data storage solution. Data validation and visualizations - locally or in cloud systems - are fundamental for subsequent deeper analytics and machine learning approaches. As well as efficient data lifecycle management, data acquisition in the vehicle and secure data transfer to the backend are common tasks in the area of data engineering.
Tasks as a data engineer for our growing team:
- Processing large amounts of data and data management
- Data analytics and visualization with big data methods and technologies
- Requirements engineering, system conception and architecture engineering, implementation, testing
- Standardization of various data sources and connection of unstructured and structured data
- Usage of cloud storage and services
- Script programming for data processing and validation
- Developing customer-specific and innovative solutions by transfering domain knowledge in the automotive context
- University degree in the field of data engineering, data science, computer science / informatics, natural or engineering sciences
- First practical experience working with databases and in the field of data processing
- General knowledge in at least one of the areas of data engineering, machine learning, cloud computing, parallel programming, data privacy, Hadoop eco systems etc.
- Good knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, Matlab etc. and SQL
- Experience in topics such as visualization, docker container, edge computing is a strong plus
- Business proficient English, German is a plus
- A high degree of flexibility, creativity, commitment, resilience, motivation, ability to act independently and as a teamplayer
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our flexible model of scheduling work, our attractive remote-work-model and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.