Reference code: 50013834/50013835
Data Engineer Automotive
11/28/2019 - 11/28/2020
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
For challenging and varied projects, we are looking for you in your new role as DATA ENGINEER at the FEV headquarter in Aachen. In your highly specialized and dynamic team you will work on future technologies in the field of automotive and contribute to research and development activities. One of your exciting tasks will be the management of huge amounts of data collected in real road traffic. You can contribute to the success of these projects by making different types of data readable, analyzable and therefore valuable.
- As a data engineer at FEV, it will be your task to pre-process and manage massive data streams. Applying Big Data methods and technologies for data analytics and data visualization makes you conduct to the development of future automotive solutions.
- You will contribute to very interesting agile projects by taking over responsibility and you will encourage the team spirit with your experience in the areas of requirement engineering, system concepts, implementation and roll-out.
- You standardize data sources for developing innovative solutions and connect structured with unstructured data by applying Cloud Storage and Services.
- By bringing experts from different areas together, you will achieve unique customer experiences and solutions.
- You have a university degree in data engineering, computer science, informatics, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- You have already gained several years of experience in the field of data engineering.
- You gained very good knowledge in the areas of Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Hadoop eco systems, Cloud Computing etc. which will help you to cope with the challenges of a data engineer.
- You have already acquired good knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, Matlab etc. and you are proficient in SQL.
- First hands-on experience in the field of visualization, agile methods and knowledge with the corresponding tools complete your profile.
- Business proficient English is required. German is a plus.
- First experience in dealing with customers, as well as high communication and presentation skills is beneficial.
- With a high level of flexibility, creativity, willingness and commitment, combined with team spirit and a way of autonomous working, you can contribute to the successful establishment of a new team in the field of data engineering.
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.