Reference code: 50020732
(Junior) Software Developer (m/f/x) for Automotive Connectivity Projects
6/30/2021 - 12/30/2021
FEV Europe GmbH
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. People shape mobility. With over 6,600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. We need the right people at the right place to do so. People who turn visions into reality – who think outside the box and promote innovation. People who are ready to push the envelope. Are you ready?
At FEV, we shape the future of mobility together with our customers. Software Development has become one of the fastest growing technical areas within the automotive industry.
Within the departement of Connectivity Systems & Functions, we focus on vehicle connectivity: Between vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, infrastructure elements and increasingly complex backend systems. We connect vehicles, businesses and people. Customer understanding and requirements engineering is our success factor.
For our growing team, we are looking for developers and engineers, who have initial experience working on frontend, backend or full stack software. We work according to agile and lean principles and look for a team player to join us.
Many of our activities deal with leading edge and future technology. We are looking for colleagues comfortable working with new and evolving standards, technologies and who are passionate to create the connected solutions of the future.
As a potential candidate you
- want to bring your solution to life from an end-to-end point of view
- do not see Software solely in source code, yet also in requirements and quality assurance
- like complex and frequently changing tasks
- want to work closely with the customer
- want to bring your team forward
- take pride and ownership in your solutions
- like working within an international environment
- are looking forward to constantly improve your skill set
- Successfully concluded a Master in Informatics/Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Natural Sciences or comparable fields of study
- Experience with ROS development is a plus
- Experience with internet and telecommunication protocols is a plus
- Ideally you have first experiences working in teams, ideally using agile methods
- Competence in data base development and architecture is a strong plus
- Knowledge about IT infrastructure elements and Cloud computing is a strong plus
- Experience with Web technologies (HTML, REST, PHP, ...) is a plus
- Excellent skills in the English language are mandatory, German language skills are a strong plus
At FEV, we believe in life-long training for both your hard and soft skills. We provide training by our own Academy, as well as by external partners. We work within flat hierarchies and encourage and support taking over resposibility early in your career. We also strongly and activly encourage working scientifically by providing ample opportunity to publish and participate in international conferences and research programmes.
At the location Aachen, which is also the company's headquarter, we offer an on-premise gym for exclusive use by our employees, as well as a generous sports programme with local partners. We also provide our own modern canteen on-premise.
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.