Reference code: eta_17-197_en
Software Developer (m/f/d)
What we do - and why!
etamax space is a technology oriented and growing company. We provide software engineering and quality assurance services for safety and business critical software and systems. Our national and international customers are manufacturers in aeronautical and aerospace engineering, transportation technology and the automotive industry. Work together with us on projects that make a difference:
Safety wherever you go – with certainty to us!
- Corrective maintenance: addressing bugs reported during operations, testing or commissioning activities
- Adaptive maintenance: adapt software to changes in the environment: e.g. operating system, third-party software and hardware upgrades
- Perfective maintenance: Modification of the software to improve performance, stability or maintainability
- Preventive maintenance: addressing particular areas of weakness with high maintenance or failure rates
- Feature requests
- Improvements: Improving and modifying existing functionality of existing software components
- New features: Adding additional functionality to one or more software components or developing completely new software components
- University degree in Computer Science, Astronomy, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Solid professional experience developing software in Java
- Professional experience with SQL and interfacing Java to relational databases using JDBC, Hibernate, Spring Data
- Solid practical familiarity with modern software engineering practices and tools, including configuration control tools, incremental & iterative development, unit and integration testing and the Linux environment
- Solid practical familiarity with build and source code control tools: e.g. Makefile, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Git
- Demonstrated capability of conducting small to medium size software projects through the entire software lifecycle up to successful deployment
- Very good oral and written communication skills in the English language (minimum level B2)
- Professional experience in web front-end development, some of this experience preferably in Angular (2 or later)
- Professional experience in other high-level, object-oriented programming languages, in particular C++ or Python
- Practical exposure to non-relational data stores such as Elastic Stack or Cassandra
- Experience in Java-based desktop GUI programming
- Practical experience in using virtualisation, in particular Docker
- Background in astronomy or astrophysics, especially radio interferometry
- Previous experience working in an international environment
What we offer
- At etamax space you can expect interesting projects in a technologically attractive environment.
- You work in a dedicated team, where the doors are literally always open for questions and exchange of ideas.
- Flexible working hours, independent working in our flat hierarchy and possibilities to develop your career are only a few advantages of an employment at etamax.
- Exciting projects, an open and cooperative atmosphere as well as many nice colleagues are looking forward to you!