Reference code: 19_BI_13
Internship in the field of Design and Implementation of Hardware Components for a Control Unit Demonstrator
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 6.300 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
Design, implementation and test of hardware components used in a demonstrator for motor control or battery management applications based on an existing control platform
- Design and build-up of hardware interfacing boards between various existing electrical components (inverter power stages, battery cell supervisory units) and the control platform for e.g. switching signals, analog measurements and digital I/O
- Design, implementation and test of real-time control software
- Design and implementation of a real-time simulation based on a commercial solver/code generator for signal-level HiL testing
- Programmable logic modules (VHDL) for PWM signal generation and signal acquisition
- Implementation of safety monitor software components
- Student (m/f/d) of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Independent and self-organizing way of work
- Practical experience in hardware design essential
- Experience in schematic and layout editing software (e.g. EAGLE)
- Experience in C required, C++ beneficial
- Experience in VHDL beneficial
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.