Reference code: 19_BI_12
Internship / Master Thesis in the field of Design and Implementation of Low-level Structures for Inverter and Motor Control (C/C++/VHDL)
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 6.000 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
Design, Implementation and Test of a framework and all required I/O modules for a inverter/motor control application on a complex system-on-chip with programmable logic (FPGA):
- Creation of modules of programmable logic in VHDL for I/O such as PWM generation and acquisition, AD and DA converstion and position encoding/decoding
- Software development of low-level tests of the developed VHDL components
- Software development of a real-time execution framework based on baremetal code or RTOS
- (Micro-) benchmarking of latencies such as I/O, IRQs or OS-related functions
- Real-time software application for motor control
- Virtio extenstions to communicate measurements and control commands to other parts of the system
- Student of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Independent and self-organizing way of work
- Experience in VHDL essential
- Experience in C required, C++ beneficial
- Experience in PWM, real-time control loops and inverter/motor control highly beneficial
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.