Reference code: 50015578
Technical Specialist - E-Motor
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 5,800 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
- Technical lead for e-motor activities at FEV
- Electromagnetic analysis of motors
- Thermal analysis of e-motors
- Analysis and validation of designs with FEA calculations in both 2D and 3D
- Characterize machine performance for basic sizing and performance estimations using analytical tools
- Trade-off studies to identify motor topology
- Contribute in customizing tool sets for motor analysis
- Close cooperation with internal development departments, customers and suppliers
- Internal and external presentation of project results
- Support of acquisition work in the field of electric motor development
- Master or PhD degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering from a reputable university
- Experience in electric motors design with focus in electrification/hybridization of passenger cars or commercial vehicles
- Familiarity with motor drive architectures
- Experience in an OEM or tear-1 supplier industry is advantageous
- Experience in SPEED, ANSYS and Matlab
- Familiarity with Hypermesh, ABAQUS and StarCCM+ is advantageous
- Familiarity developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- A good and motivated team player, but also well prepared to work independently, output-oriented and ready to take self-initiative with solution-oriented nature
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.