Reference code: 50015336/ 50015337
Technical Specialist, Base Engine Design (m/w/d)
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 6.000 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
Coordination and supervision of design work in the field of combustion engines:
- Developing new and innovative powertrains (concept, layout and detailing)
- Leading conceptual design and lay-out work of new engines
- Technical review and verification of engine concepts
- Supervision, review and approval of 3-D-models and 2D drawings
- Creation of project presentations and decision matrix
- Presentation of working results internally as well as externally to the customer
- Integration of CAE-results in continuous design work
- Coordination and technical support of suppliers
- Project coordination support regarding technical mile stone fulfillment
- Supporting acquisition work preparation of technical proposals
Various challenging tasks in the scope of design of diesel engines:
- CAD-Systems: ProE, Catia V5, SiemensNX
- Preparation and review of BOM
- Preparation and review of specification sheets for engine components
- Preparation and review of project reports
- Create technical know-how and innovations in the scope of design of combustion engines
- Support of prototype-procurement and measures in QA (D-FMEA, DVP&R, PPAP, …)
- Graduated engineer (MSc/Ba) in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- At least several years of professional experience and skills in one of the mentioned CAD-systems, preferably in the scope of engine design
- Fundamental experience in combustion engine conception and design
- Fundamental experience over several years in coordination of design work , covering conception work, layout and design and development of combustion engines
- Willingness to travel
- Experienced in project execution with Asian clients
- Fluent English- and German language skills
- Very good knowledge in MS-Office tools
- High degree of flexibility as well as team spirit
- Open for other cultures
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.