Reference code: EE10
Senior Diagnostic Engineer
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 6.600 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
- Responsible person for diagnosis topics in the project;
- Define Functional Specification Requirements;
- Specification and development of diagnostic concept;
- Provide representation for diagnostics within technology design forums, gateway and technical reviews;
- Diagnostics interface between development, production and after-sales;
- Testing and ensuring the correct implementation of the diagnostic;
- Participation in test trips/validation loops;
- Supplier Management;
On Board Diagnostic Design:
• Interface to Component Owner Engineer;
• Define Functional Specification Requirements;
• Creation of Diagnostic Description Files;
• Provide representation for diagnostics within technology design forums
• Implement the definition and deployment of the next generation diagnostic description and analysis tool set;
On Board Diagnostic Compliance:
• Reviewing, Testing and Confirming Diagnostics Implementation;
• Setup Diagnostic Description Data for Service Tool;
• Ensure compliance to diagnostic specifications and requirements;
• Releasing ECU Level Diagnostic Descriptions;
• Issue tracking and auditing;
Off-Board Diagnostic Tool System Functional Testing:
• Define, coordinate, execute and analyze acceptance test procedures defined for a deployed and installed Service Tool software platform;
• Collaborate with a Diagnostic System Unit Test and Verification Team;
• Expose errors and design faults;
• Create and set up a test plan;
• Set up and create test environments (simulation and physical);
• Build up simulation resource library by data logging and analyzing;
• Black Box testing (application robustness, out of range, destructive, Software Performance Testing);
• White Box Testing (according test plan);
• End User Acceptance Testing (display, response, reaction, layout);
• Management of test results;
- Relevant experience for diagnostic on component and vehicle level;
- Experience with the specification and development of vehicle electronics;
- Experience on UDSonCAN and UDSonIP;
- Experience on DoIP, FOTA, SOME/IP is a plus;
- Experience with diagnostic tools: Candela Studio, ODX Studio, CANoe, CANDiVa, Monaco, DDT2000, DiagAlyser, DiagRA;
- Experience on PREEVision tool is a plus;
- Good understanding of automotive- and powertrain-E/E;
- Good understanding of ECU's, sensors / actuators;
- Good understanding of E/E-architecture and networks;
- Adaptability, communication skills, teamwork;
- Customer oriented;
- Creativity, flexibility, team orientation;
- Fluent in English; French/German language is a plus;
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges and projects in the automotive industry with the perspective of implementing own ideas and solutions.
A friendly and inspirational work atmosphere in a young team.
Competitive salary on the market.
Appealing benefits like meal tickets, health program subscription, sport activities.
In case of your interest in the position, please send your CV in English, using the Apply button. Please note that we’ll contact only chosen candidates. FEV Romania guarantees alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation.