Reference code: 50015023
What we do - and why!
Mobility connects people. As the top engineering partner for our global customers, our goal is to shape the future of mobility. With over 6.000 employees around the globe, we develop revolutionary and efficient drive systems, we cross-link vehicles with each other and their surroundings, and we strive to make our lives safer using intelligent systems. Join our international team at FEV and work on groundbreaking projects with colleagues from various fields. Collaborate with us on innovative projects to make an impact on the future of our world's roads.
The Manager of IT Infrastructure will be responsible for managing all data center, networking, and telecommunications operations including all assets, staff, vendor relationships, strategic initiatives, and SLAs. In addition, the Manager of IT Infrastructure will play a leadership role in defining and executing data center strategies to support the company’s future growth.
The Manager will oversee all phases of IT infrastructure from initial solution design to procurement, setup, deployment, and ongoing support. The Manager will partner with others to design solutions meeting the company’s needs and ensuring those solutions meet operational and architectural standards. The infrastructure team will be responsible for providing all phases of operational support through the infrastructure technology stack (hardware, servers, operating systems, network, support databases) to facilitate uptime, availability, responsiveness, and scalability. As the infrastructure leader, the Manager will ensure the team maintains proper operational processes and procedures, documentation, stays current on technologies, and maintains a service-oriented approach.
This position will report directly to the Group VP IT Services. The expectation is that this individual will play a senior leadership role both within the IT team and across the company. The successful candidate must be a resourceful, results-oriented leader as well as a strategic thinker able to turn ideas into action. Leadership responsibilities will include helping the organization to scale its business, exploit fast moving industry trends, and deliver innovation to our customers.
- Lead the IT infrastructure group, operations, and strategic initiatives for infrastructure
- Develop IT infrastructure processes, procedures, and plans to support future growth as well as ensure reliability, scalability, performance, and security
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of IT infrastructure
- Set direction and priorities for infrastructure projects, improvements, and other enhancements
- Manage all data center operations, networking, telecommunications, 2nd, 3rd level support
- Collaborate effectively with IT Application Delivery and Service delivery team
- Define, develop and own SLAs and monitoring for all IT infrastructure including servers, databases, network, storage, telephony
- Establish performance monitoring and metrics-driven processes to ensure quality of delivery and uptime of IT infrastructure
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure and manage infrastructure-related products and services
- Develop disaster recovery plans and conduct testing to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and ensure backup systems are effective
- Practice IT asset management including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation
- Ensure information systems and data are secure while maintaining functionality
- Promote a culture of strong communication, accountability, service-oriented delivery, rewards, employee engagement, and staff development
- Close collaboration with all TI department as well support business initiatives, e.g. big data
- BS degree in Computer Science, related field or comparable qualification preferred. MBA or MS degree is a plus
- Several years in a senior IT infrastructure leadership role
- Several years IT leadership experience
- Ability to lead and develop technical talent (performance management, coaching, mentoring)
- Ability to evaluate and leverage technology, industry, and competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business
- Ability to leverage technology, people, and processes to analyze and solve business problems in a cost-effective manner as well as seek new opportunities
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to assume responsibility for specific project deliverables with limited supervision
- Strong experience in vendor management to ensure quality delivery of all services as well as Managed Services
- Strong experience in DevOps
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment. Ability to interface effectively with senior management
- Strong experience with service/help desk processes and tools
- Proven experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud infrastructure
- Proven knowledge of network and voice technologies
- Proven knowledge of data storage and backup solutions
- Proven knowledge of security and compliance
- Proven knowledge of systems monitoring tools
- Experience with application development, configuration, and deployment is a plus
- Experience in automotive services or engineering is a plus
What we offer
Shape the mobility of tomorrow
Work on innovative and cutting-edge challenges.
Our model of scheduling work and our office daycare (site-dependent) center will allow you to find a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.
Expand your horizons
Not only will working on new technologies every day help you improve yourself, but our continuing education program will also help you stay up to date at all times.
Keep in shape
An extensive offering of company sports activities (site-dependent) and company health management will keep you in shape and ensure you are well balanced.
An attractive base salary and numerous other benefits offer new opportunities for you.