Passion for technology and mobility stimulates you. Your goal is to influence the major developmental trends with commitment. We offer you the creative environment to realise these goals.
In the team, you realise your ideas, press ahead with constant progress and ensure sustainability in dealing with energy and resources. You will encounter kindred spirits in us, with whom you can work on the innovations of the future each day.
You respond to challenges with solutions. Out of innovations you develop affordable and reliable products that create further added value for our customers. We offer you all the required technical resources for this at international locations.
FEV GmbH is a leading development service provider in the area of combustion in motor vehicles. Each day, over 3.000 employees are developing top-level technologies and innovations for all of the world's major vehicle manufacturers and suppliers. State-of-the-art development and inspection centres in over 26 countries guarantee the expansion of our customers' technological leadership.
At the next possible date, we are searching for our team in England:
Design Engineer (f/m)
Reference number 4808
The Design/Development Engineer contributes to the development of Diesel engine exhaust systems in accordance with schedules and technical specifications. This position requires interfacing with the FEV Team in Germany, the customer’s engineering departments and the production suppliers.
- Design of exhaust system components and entire exhaust system assembly in CATIA V5
- Write reports, present results and meet project time schedules
- Interface directly with customers and meet and exceed customer and FEV internal quality expectations
- Participate on design/development review meetings with customers
- Determine technical expertise to generate creative and innovative solutions to customer problems
- Interface with customers to assess needs, define project scope/plan and present project results
- Provide technical input/expertise to lower level engineers, designers and technical support staff
- Proactively participate in business development process (i. e., customer presentations, proposals, proactive lead development etc.)
- You have professional experience in Diesel engine and exhaust system development and strong knowledge of engine and exhaust system component design
- Your understanding of mechanical engineering principles is solid
- Combustion engine background with strong component development experience is preferred
- You have experience with CATIA V5
- Your communication and presentation skills are strong
- BSME required
Become part of our team
Please send us, with reference to the above-named code numbers, your complete application documents, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. We look forward to receiving your application.